VPN Server

Home Forums Discussions Support VPN Server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erdeed
    Participant

I want to host my own VPN Server.
      I have a business internet account and my Internet service provider gives blocks of IPV4.
      I am looking for a Wireguard software that allows me to host my own VPN server and assign a specific IPV4 to each client connected to my server.
      Can I achieve this with Wiresock?

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

The setup depends on the type of machine you intend to use for the WireGuard server. If you’re using a Windows machine, you can set it up with WireSock VPN Gateway. I’ve personally set up several Intel NUC machines with Windows for personal use using it. If you’re using a Linux machine, I recommend using this script to install and manage your WireGuard server.

erdeed
        Participant

Thank you fo the information, Vadim.

With this software, do I have to create and configure the clients file manually.

I am asking because I am not expert doing so and I want to be able to create the client’s Wireguard file automatically from this software without manually creating the files for the clients. Or after the file is automatically created for the clients, just to make some adjustments to assign the specific IP from the block of IPV4 I have available, if needed.

Vadim Smirnov
          Keymaster

While the WireSock client does not support this feature at the moment, it looks interesting and aligns with some of our future goals. I am considering a configuration deployment system that would involve an appliance on the server side and support in the WireSock client.

Currently, you would need to create and configure the client files manually. However, the idea of automatically generating client WireGuard files and making adjustments for specific IP assignments is compelling. I will keep this in mind for future developments.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.