VPN and local Wifi network

Home Forums Discussions Support VPN and local Wifi network

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roberts
    Participant

Hi,

I created a WireGuard VPN server on my Freebox  and installed a WireGuard client on my smartphone.
      Wifi disabled, VPN enabled, the smartphone has access to the local network at my home.
      However, it is not considered to be a device connected to the local network:
      – in the FreeBox OS → peripherals interface
      – by the TAPO application telling me that the smartphone and the camera are not on the same network

Clients connected via VPN (except OpenVPN Bridge) have an IP address in a subnet different from the local network.

Is it possible to configure Wireguard or the router so that the client has an IP address in a subnet included in the local network?
      No. You must have separate subnets in order to route packets correctly.

Can WireSock VPN Client solve this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Roberts

Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

Hi Roberts,

Thank you for your question.

This is how VPNs are generally designed. However, the WireSock VPN Client allows you to stay connected to both your LAN and VPN simultaneously through split tunneling features. This should enable you to access both networks without issue.

It’s worth noting that the WireSock VPN Client is currently only available for Windows and does not have a client for smartphones.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.