local devices become unreacheable after some time

Home Forums Discussions Support local devices become unreacheable after some time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zhyp
    Participant

Hello, I’ve been using wiresock-client as a service for quite some time now, and for a while this has happened, but it never bothered me before, but now, I’ve set up a TrueNAS in my network, and from time to time it will disconnect from my computer (where wiresock-client runs), and the only fix seems to be restarting the wiresock-client service, these are both the command and config that I use:
      wiresock-client.exe install -start-type 2 -config "pathtomyconfig.conf" -log-level info -lac
      and the config:

[Interface]
      PrivateKey = PRIKEY
      Address = 10.xxx.xxx/32, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.ipv6/128
      MTU = 1320

[Peer]
      PublicKey = PUKEY
      PresharedKey = PSKEY
      AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
      Endpoint = airvpn.dns.endpoint:1637
      PersistentKeepalive = 15

; WireSock extensions
      DisallowedIPs = 192.168.2.0/24
      DisallowedApps = omiting since I think is irrelevant on this scenario

192.168.2.0/24 is my LAN, I have a local reverse proxy setup, accessing using the ip or domain doesn’t really matter, so for example: 192.168.2.100 or truenas.internal.domain.com gives similar results.

In addition to what I’ve just said, sometimes some websites or IRC chats won’t load, but as soon as I restart wiresock, it connects straight away, not sure how to fix it.

I tried to find logs, but couldn’t find anything relevant or recent to give it to you, let me know on how to get the correct logs if they are needed.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by zhyp.
      Vadim Smirnov
      Keymaster

I have some ideas about what might be happening and just need to allocate some time to address this issue. I also suspect the problem does not occur in Transparent Mode (without the -lac command line switch). Can you confirm this?

zhyp
        Participant

Hello Vadim,
          I’ll take a look at that, but since I use interface binding in qBit this may be a problem, in the next weekend I’ll run a whole day without -lac and see how it goes, thanks and good bug hunting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.